Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the purpose of the OSGA 55+ Games?
The OSGA 55+ Games are geared towards adults over the age of 55. These games have been designed to attract amateur participants over the age of 55. The OSGA’s goal is to promote an active and healthy lifestyle. Regardless of your age, gender or ability, there is sure to be an event
for anyone who is 55+ and residing in Ontario.
Who are eligible for the games?
Any resident in Ontario who is 55 or older is eligible to become a member participant of the OSGA 55+ Games. The OSGA is geared towards all levels of experience and promotes participants to try new events or get back involved in their favourite activities. There are specific restrictions in some events for elite participants. Please visit the OSGA website for any of these specific eligibility restrictions.
What opportunities are available in being an OSGA 55+ Games Participant?
There are over 28 different events offered through the OSGA 55+ Games including card
games, racquet sports or team sports. The following are some of opportunities for participants:
- District Games throughout the 36 Member Districts
- Happen on an annual basis in the OSGA 36 Member District
- OSGA 55+ Regional Games
- Summer in 4 of 5 OSGA 55+ Regions:
- Southwestern Ontario
- Eastern Ontario
- South Central Region
- Central Ontario
- Qualify through the OSGA 55+ District Summer Games
- Happen every 2 years (odd years)
- Ontario 55+ Summer Games
- Qualify from the OSGA 55+ District Summer Games
- 1400 participants expected from 36 Districts
- Happens every 2 years (even years)
- Ontario 55+ Winter Games
- Qualify through the OSGA 55+ District Winter Games
- 1000 participants expected from 36 Districts
- Happens every 2 years (odd years)
- Canada 55+ Games
- Qualify through the Ontario 55+ Summer Games & the Ontario 55+ Winter Games
- Happen every 2 years (even years)
- OSGA Open/Invitationals ( i.e. Hockey, Pickleball etc.)
Individuals will need to become participants of their local District. There are 36 Member Districts throughout Ontario. Each district will have a participation fee, which then makes participants eligible for the local District Games as well as Regional and Ontario 55+ Games if they qualify. Districts are all composed of volunteer committees who are always looking for more volunteer support too.
For more District contact information please visit the “Districts” tab on the homepage or email email@example.com or call 905-232-8581.